Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Gimli and Aragorn

Two More Heroes Join the Fray

I've had these miniatures painted since last week, but I was just too lazy to take photos.

Two more models for my Journeys in Middle Earth set are done.  Now there are only two more heroes (Bilbo, and Fantasy Flight Games original character Beravor), and the troll.  A painter that I occasionally watch on YouTube recently did a video on the troll, and while I don't think I'll follow his scheme exactly, it gave me enough inspiration to break through my painter's block.

Anyway, not really much to say here.  On to the photos.



I mainly decided to do these because I'm getting bloody tired of painting brown.  That also influenced my color scheme; I deviated from the concept art because there were too many browns there.

I really like the way Gimli turned out.  Aragorn, I'm a bit less happy with.  I still think he is fine, but there isn't as much contrast between the cloak and the shirt as there should be to make the model really pop.

On both models, I kind of phoned it in for the lower portion.  The boots are just black and then a drybrush of gray, for example.  However, I want the viewer's focus to be on the face and upper portions, so I don't feel too guilty about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment