Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Finishing the Set on a Sour Note

Bilbo and Beravor

I'm not sure what it is about these models, but I'm just not happy with them.  Maybe it is the eyes, which I worked and worked on, but couldn't get right.  Maybe it is Bilbo's dagger, which after trying 6 things, nothing worked right.  Maybe it is just that I'm tired of this project, and ready to move on to something else.  Whatever it is, working on these felt more like a chore than fun, and I probably rushed a few areas just to get them done.

I don't think they are terrible, but I don't think they pop out enough when viewed from a distance, and when you look close you can see some problems, particularly with the faces.

The upside is that no one seems to care about these characters, so their quality doesn't really matter.



In the end, while these models aren't my proudest moment, I'm happy with the whole set.  I got 31 models done in about five weeks, which is a pretty breakneck pace for me.  There are things that could be improved, but I think I managed a good balance of speed versus quality.  There is always something cool about playing with a fully painted game, and being able to say "I did that."

Bring on the expansions... just not immediately.  

No comments:

Post a Comment